Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pre 04 650 Berg reliability

Hi All,

Ive always wanted a berg but have heard so much bad press. Are the 1500 02/03 bergs you see on Ebay serious time bombs or seriously good value bikes? They cant all be lemons surely?

Cheers.

Khaca Chinga, Nangarhar, Afghanistan, Afghanistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantastic View Post
    They cant all be lemons surely?
    Surely are

depends who's owned them, some are horrors waiting to hurt. others can be fine depending on what has been done to them, I raced one for 4 years, had the odd failure but it never cost much to put right. you do have to be good with spanners to keep one in good running order. Karl couldn't keep one alive as he was too thick
    Last edited by 3banana; 30-11-11 at 23:28.
    Thumper
    Thumper
    Hands up her jumper
    Hump her
    Dump her
    Wheelie down the road:burnout:

2010 FS570, tuned,44mm throttle, Suter slipper,full Doma, airbox cutout,full beringer, SXS forks and shock internals, Alpinas. scarily good

Khaca Chinga, Nangarhar, Afghanistan, Afghanistan
    maybe so.... but not that thick that i kept it

Hmm. Im ok on mechanicals, fixing things not a probem. If you said you need to change.replace XYZ then I am on it. If its a case of its running like a bag of shit diagnose it, im out.

Why not just steer clear of the older bergs and pick up a 06-07 650 for around the 1750 mark?
    That's what I did, the bike was a little tatty but after its winter rebuild will be near on brand new. engine wise it was sweet as!
    Don't listen to queen Karl its been established on other threads that he couldnt look after a berg so he just hijacks any husaberg thread trying to put people off them. If you have always wanted one then I say go for it but if you can get a newer version go for that. If you keep on top of them maintenance wise they will reward you with the ride of your life and a big smile on your face! Good luck

Where did you buy one of the 06- for 1750! Thats dirt cheap. Was it in Motard trim? If they are about at that price then ill be a looking! What was involved in your winter rebuild? Bearings, rings etc?

Well mines a 57 plate and I saw it advertised on eBay and bought it. Like I said it wasn't mint but only in the sence that there was a few scratches here and there. But mechanically it's spot on great power no funny noises engine just been fully rebuilt. Not had any problems with it so far. Only reason for the strip down was to tart it up a bit as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Not touching the engine as its not long been rebuilt, Im replacing all the frame bearings just as iv got it stripped and got a new wiring loom for it as the old was a bit ropey but it needs for nothing I'm just doing it because!
    This is my bike when I bought it.

http://s667.photobucket.com/albums/v...rent=image.png
    Last edited by Husaberg Henry; 02-12-11 at 12:38.

Thats the best 1700 ive ever seen. Absolute bargain. ill be keeping my eyes out for something very similar although i am sure bargains like this dont exist anymore. Makes my 640 look like something my nan would want to ride..

Ha ha cheers mate. If I see anything I'll be sure to post a link on here for you!