Husaberg Slipper Clutch Setup

I've a husaberg slipper fitted to my 650 but I find it very snappy for fast starts, from when it starts to bit to fully engaged is very hard to control and it not really helping with backing it in I be better off using a normal clutch.

Does this sound like I need to fit softer clutch springs?
    FS650e SM

Hi mate, I'm looking for advice on setting up my Husaberg slipper clutch that I've just bought, so replying to your thread to keep posted on any replies.

Conversely, here is my thread if you want to keep tabs on my post updates;

http://www.supermotoforum.co.uk/supe...h-dialing.html

Crispin
    Norasport #616

2004 Husaberg FS650 & 2003 ZX6R

On-board over the TT Mountain section: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XdgpOVhQfc

Quote Originally Posted by Husasmith View Post
    I've a husaberg slipper fitted to my 650 but I find it very snappy for fast starts, from when it starts to bit to fully engaged is very hard to control and it not really helping with backing it in I be better off using a normal clutch.

Does this sound like I need to fit softer clutch springs?
    I had the same issue with my KTM, from a standard start it was like a light switch, always shitting it in case I stalled (which I did once from the front row of the grid!!) but when riding it was shit hot. Softer springs should help it slip to back it in but i don't think that will change its feel off the startline. I thinkthere's more variables to think about, oil type/grade, clutch pack thickness, make of clutch plates and make sure none are warped....
    SUPERMOTO.....Because football, cricket & golf only require one ball....