Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I use brembo 16x16 master cylinder and racing brembo caliper but with 100mm spacing rear is standard 245mm. What is the diference in upgraded rear in feal?
    Last edited by maniek-rr312; 02-01-14 at 22:11.
    TM SMX 450 Fi x2
    TM MX 250 2T
    #13 Polish Championship
    #113 FIM Europe Championship
    facebook: wojciech mańczak "maniek"
    Bel-Ray, LS2, FIVE, Cooper Vision, Hi-Octane, Wilmat, Motocyklon, Power 4

I don't know yet, we are testing next week. The small disc is for the factory swing arm. It is so short you have to use a 205mm disc. I think the caliper we have is 108mm spacing, Factory option upgrade with 2 pads

My caliper is also for 2 pads. What is the diference in factory swingarm from standard smx? What else can i upgrade in my TM? I have cnc frame, cnc links, cnc clutch cover, slipper clutch, ohlins and e start.
    TM SMX 450 Fi x2
    TM MX 250 2T
    #13 Polish Championship

TM SMX 450 Fi x2
    TM MX 250 2T
    #13 Polish Championship

The factory swing arm is shorter than stock but I'm not sure how much shorter. Because of this you have to fit a 205mm disc to get the clearance. The e-start robs performance as it requires a much heavier crank/ignition etc plus it obviously adds weight. But it seems you have a high spec to your bike. The TTX Ohlins is a better rear shock than the base line Ohlins. You can fit the carbon airscoop to the air box but I'm not sure how much this adds plus a cnc igntion cover is available and I have fitted a better (Sutor) clutch. The factory mods are listed on TMUKonline

Motofox you have a PM
    TM SMX 450 Fi x2
    TM MX 250 2T
    #13 Polish Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Motofox View Post
    The factory swing arm is shorter than stock but I'm not sure how much shorter. Because of this you have to fit a 205mm disc to get the clearance. The e-start robs performance as it requires a much heavier crank/ignition etc plus it obviously adds weight. But it seems you have a high spec to your bike. The TTX Ohlins is a better rear shock than the base line Ohlins. You can fit the carbon airscoop to the air box but I'm not sure how much this adds plus a cnc igntion cover is available and I have fitted a better (Sutor) clutch. The factory mods are listed on TMUKonline
    If you buy SMR version from TM you get standard rear swing which is the one that TM uses on Mx and Enduro models. SMX comp always has shorter swing which should be the same as on true factory bikes. As a private person you can't buy a true factory bike and even if you could you wouldn't want to. True factory racer has different engine (puts out more hp than SMX engine). Lifetime of this engine is very very short though and this is why Mauno Hermunen has standard SMX as a training bike. According to Mauno his true factory racer and SMX have same geometry and suspension setup but engine is way more powerful on factory model. Oh by the way, suspension setup Mauno has, is out of our everyday riders budget and reach (they have Marzchocci fork legs but magic inside is made by Ohlins).

Shorter swing has pretty much nothing to do with smaller rear disc. It is just because smaller disc means less weight.

TTX has 1 very nice extra feature over base line Ohlins. TTX is length adjustable. Mauno didn't tell me how much higher or lower you can set your rear end from 0-position but there is some range of adjustability there.

Air scoop has 1 down side too. Oil changes. Scoop needs to be removed if you want to add oil through oil plug. You can also lay your bike on its right side and refill oil through plug hole on ignition cover. Then again TM is pain in the ass to overhaul anyway. You can't even check valve clearances without tilting engine on frame as valve cover can be removed only by first removing all engine mount bolts besides the one that also holds rear swing on frame. Then you need to tilt engine top backwards and only then there is enough room to remove valve cover. Who makes this kind of stuff. I miss my Kawasaki so much every time some maintenance is needed on my TM SMX.

Everyone who gets a new TM, CHECK YOUR EXHAUST. Mine was mounted incorrectly which caused breakage of that small first part of exhaust pipe that is bolted onto top end.

Our bikes have had the twin pipes braced at several points which is something that was recomended and I've just got a flexi funnel for the oil changes (carbon scoop). Mauno and Thomas do have desmo engiines so yes, these are impossible to get hold of but the rolling chassis can be specced from TM to be the same. We have Ohlins inserts in the forks and TTX at the rear so we have plenty of testing to do.

I also have rear shoch foot adjustible. If you get to good setings sher wit me
    TM SMX 450 Fi x2
    TM MX 250 2T
    #13 Polish Championship